Friday, January 1, 2010

Five star movies

I have been a member of Netflix for a bit over 4 years. I mostly watch old TV series episodes now but I have watched a fair number of movies. I rate (using the Netflix 1-5 star system) the things I watch but it doesn't seem to help Netflix too much for suggestions. Perhaps because I have a tendency to rate everything three star (liked it). A list of the movies I rated five star (loved it) follows.

The Thin Man, Miller's Crossing, Black Hawk Down, The Battle of Algiers, Sunset Boulevard, Lone Star, The Right Stuff, LA Confidential, All About Eve, Dial M for Murder, The Asphalt Jungle, Body Heat, Gone With the Wind, The Searchers, Goodfellas, The Public Enemy, Shadow of a Doubt, The Aviator, Hero, Same Time Next Year, Broadcast News, The Devil Wears Prada, Bonnie and Clyde.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the list. I've seen exactly one of the films on it (Body Heat), and would rate that among the top 5%, which is a modest hint that the list will be of value to me. Now I just need time to sample some of the others..

    ReplyDelete