Monday, January 4, 2010

Four star movies

A few days ago I listed the Netflix movies I had rated with five stars. Here is a list of the movies I rated four stars (really liked it).

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Psycho, The Third Man, A Few Good Men, The Player, Laura, The Killing, On the Waterfront, In the Heat of the Night, White Heat, Something New, The Usual Suspects, Double Indemnity, The Long Goodbye, Witness for the Prosecution, The Man who would be King, Pirates of the Caribbean: Black Pearl, Capote, Philadelphia Story, Apollo 13, The Shawshank Redemption, The Naked City, Raise the Red Lantern, The Roaring Twenties, In a Lonely Place, Red Rock West, Robocop, Wall Street.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this next tier.

    The two of these that I've seen (Shawshank and Apollo 13) I would rank between 5th and 20th percentile, so based on this very limited sample my tastes continue to track w/ yours.

    (Still working on the time-to-watch issue...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Casablanca? It deserves to be in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have rated Casablanca 5 stars on Netflix but I didn't order it from Netflix so it didn't show up the list of movies I have ordered from Netfix. And it was that list I used to compile my four and five star lists.

    Another example is "Live Free and Die Hard" which I saw in a theater and rated 4 stars on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would have given "The Killing" and "The Third Man" 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete