Sunday, January 10, 2010

Two star movies

I have previously listed the Netflix movies I rated five star and four star . Below I give a list of those movies I rated two star (didn't like it). I haven't rated any movies one star (hated it).

This list represents my personal reaction to the movie. I suspect I may get some push back as many of these movies were popular and/or critically acclaimed. There are some reasons for this. First I don't tend to order movies that nobody liked. Second the distinctive features that cause some people to really like a movie may cause me to dislike it. Finally in a few cases I may have felt the film didn't live up to its reviews.

Here is the list:

Unforgiven, Blazing Saddles, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The General, LOTR: The Return of the King, The Bicycle Thief, Warlock Moon, The Producers, Barefoot in the Park, V for Vendetta, Network, The Pursuit of Happyness, Painted Lady, Ocean's Eleven, Sudden Impact, Lethal Weapon 3, Wall-E, The Lovers of the Arctic Circle, Ed Wood.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the first significant disconnect, again based on a miniscule sample: Assuming by 'The Producers' you mean the Zero Mostel / Gene Wilder version, I think I would give that a 4 for several hilarious scenes.

    I seem to recall that there was a later version of the movie, hence the above assumption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems odd that once you saw one of the Lord of the Rings movies and didn't like it that you would not want to see the others. What is with that?

    ReplyDelete