Monday, September 28, 2009

Yankees clinch

The Yankees clinched the American League East last weekend sweeping their arch rival Boston Rex Sox in the process. As I mentioned at the start of the season I am not much of a baseball fan but I do follow the Yankees a little.

With the baseball season winding down the standings will start containing the "x"s and "y"s denoting teams that have clinched spots in the post season or division titles. Another feature I would like to see in the standings is an indication (possibly a line through the team name) of which teams have been mathematically eliminated from post season play. Unfortunately I expect the papers are wary of probable league public relations objections. And of course it would be a little tricky to determine exactly when teams are eliminated in some cases. Still I think it would be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment