Thursday, April 23, 2009

Senior moment

After paying my property taxes yesterday I had hoped I was done with taxes for awhile. No such luck. Today I got a letter from the New York tax authorities claiming my recently filed return was unsigned. Fortunately this apparently happens a lot and they enclosed a simple form to correct the error. Still it is a bit disconcerting to have done something so dumb. Perhaps being laid off is more disorienting than I had realized. Hopefully I will avoid more serious mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. There's a more gracious way of labeling these things: distracted mind of a genius ;)
    I have had many real senior moments in my long life. One good contributor to those being your puzzles on Ponder This. I hope you will post some of your ideas through other avenues, so that we can keep up the seniority.

    ReplyDelete