Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ants

When I was employed I ate out almost all the time. After being laid off I started eating more meals at home. This meant more discarded food waste. Which revealed I had an ant problem. Ants would come out of a crack at the base of a wall in my kitchen and climb up the side of the kitchen waste basket to get at discarded food. This seemed an undesirable state of affairs. So last Thursday I checked out a local hardware store which seemed like the sort of place that might stock ant poison. Which it did, several varieties in fact. I went with Terro because the active ingredient was borax which seemed likely to be relatively non-toxic to people. It appears quite effective, I used some on Thursday and by today the ants were gone. Hopefully they will stay gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment