Saturday, February 27, 2010

Storm report


I was a little apprehensive about driving back to Ossining from central New Jersey Friday night in view of the late week storm . However the drive proved easy as the major roads were OK and traffic was less than normal. I287 was fine with little evidence of heavy snow. Once over the Tappen Zee bridge into Westchester there were a few problems but nothing too bad. For some reason the usual ramp to the Saw Mill was closed but I was able to find an easy alternative. And the sticky wet snow had caused fallen branches which encroached on the right hand lane of the Saw Mill in a few spots but the center lane was fine.

My condo seemed to have received about a foot of heavy wet snow. The picture shows a tree across a nearby road. Fortunately it didn't block my way home.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete