Sunday, February 21, 2010

Free Credit Reports

I just ordered my government mandated annual free credit reports for the first time. I tried to do this a few years ago when they initially became available but gave up when I was unable to do it online. This time I was able to get the Equifax and Experian reports online. Transunion's I had to order to be mailed to me after fighting through an incredibly obnoxious automated voice recognition system. Hopefully it will actually be mine and be sent to my address.

There wasn't much of interest in the Equifax and Experian reports, just information on the one credit card I have. I had heard that utilities sometimes provide payment records to the credit bureaus but apparently mine don't.

I have no idea how one credit card account in good standing would translate into a FICO score.

No comments:

Post a Comment