Thursday, February 26, 2009

Last day, First post

Today was my last day at work. I was laid off after 25 years with a large American technology company. Fortunately I will not be under any immediate financial pressure as (barring a total economic collapse) I will have enough retirement income to live on if I am careful. So I have a lot of options.

One of which is to start a blog which I am doing with this post. How hard can it be? I will post about things that interest me, politics and public policy, CO2 and climate change, issues facing recently laid off fifty something single white guys etc.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, I'm Ronduck and I'm 24 years behind you, minus the career in technology.

    For some reason reading that you worked for a large American tech company for 25 years makes me think of IBM. I have the impression that most other tech companies don't keep their staff that long.

    Come over to my blog and read my only blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello James, your puzzles on IBM Ponder This will be missed. Perhaps you will post some of your new ones here in your blog :)?

    ReplyDelete