Sunday, March 29, 2009

Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs

The push to replace incandescent light bulb with more energy efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs has led to some complaints. I have not had any trouble myself, none of the fluorescent bulbs which I have installed have failed. I have been careful to use them as directed. In particular I have not put them in closed ceiling fixtures where they might fail due to excessive heat. It is unfortunate that they have this limitation as replacing the bulbs in my ceiling fixtures is a bit of a job which it would be nice to minimize. Rumor has it there are plans to effectively ban incandescent bulbs, this problem best be fixed first.

The compact fluorescent bulbs do take a second or so to come on which is a little disconcerting at first. And they may take a couple of minutes to achieve full brightness which I didn't initially realize leading me doubt that they were actually as bright as claimed.

No comments:

Post a Comment